Sunday, July 24, 2016

Part 5 - Love is universal.

I watched my nieces on Sunday afternoon for a few hours.

My Dad was there, I was there, three kids under 2 were there, and my three dogs were there.

I love having a house full of people. My house was kind of a zoo that afternoon.

The doorbell rang while we were watching Scooby Doo. At first, I thought it was on tv. But I went to my door, and there was a nice lady wanting to talk to me.

Only, she didn't speak English very well. I tried to communicate with her, but I wasn't doing a very good job of it. She pointed to her ring finger and pointed to me.

Oh! I figured she probably wanted to talk to a man. As I'm the man in my house, I figured she wanted to talk to my Dad, who was in the kitchen.

He did a much better job of communicating with her than I did. She was my neighbor, and had talked to him about gardening a couple of weeks ago.

She brought me a tool to use in my garden. I think that's funny, because my neighbors have the best garden on the face of the planet. They spent a lot of time in it, and there's not a weed to be seen near it.

Meanwhile, my little garden of nine plants is mostly just weeds.

(I think she's trying to tell me something, haha.)

My neighbor came into my house to tell my nieces hi. My puppy ran away in the process, and my Dad caught her outside.

Like I said, my house was kind of a zoo that afternoon.

My 2-year-old nieces were being shy, but I was trying to get them to tell her hello.

I grabbed my 7-month-old baby niece and brought her to my neighbor.

My neighbor's eyes lit up!



She grabbed the baby from my hands, and starting talking to her, cooing at her, and kissed her chubby little cheeks a few times.

We laughed a lot. In broken English, she asked what the baby's name was, and my Dad explained to her that the girls were his grandkids, I was his daughter, and the kids were my brother's kids.

We found out that she has four grandkids herself.

When I answered the door, I had no idea how to communicate with her. It turns out, you just need a pretty cute, squishy baby to bond over.

The baby was happy she was getting attention. She made a new friend  and didn't seem to mind at all.

It doesn't matter what language you speak. Love is universal.

No comments:

Post a Comment