Saturday, July 30, 2016

LINED WITH PEOPLE

I'm very, very close to getting to 10,000 blog views.

In fact, this here blog post will probably put me over 10,000.

Cool, dudes!

To celebrate I have a special topic to talk about. It's insightful and thoughtful, just like its author (ha, ha).

-----

Every year, I look forward to going to my town's parade in July.

This morning, I woke up happy and excited. I got up before 6 a.m., according to my FitBit. I let the dogs out, did laundry, and did some tidying up.

And then around 7, I decided to lay down and rest for just a few minutes.

When I woke up, the clock said 9:15 a.m.

Uh oh! The parade starts at 9:30 a.m. I brushed my hair, let my dogs in, and ran out the door, still wearing what I wore to bed last night.

I went to our usual spot, and looked for my people. Only, I couldn't find my people. I was worried about the parade starting and me missing the first part of it. I like the horses, dammit, and I want to see them!

It turns out, my people moved. When a friend called me and told me to stop and turn around, I was thrown off a little bit.

It didn't help that I had been awake for 15 minutes at that point.

Walking, holding a blanket, talking on the phone, contemplating the concept of changing spots and crossing a street is apparently really hard.

I fell face first into the street.

And guys, not only any street, a street that was LINED WITH PEOPLE because the parade was starting.

Oh Jesus.
Thankfully, the only thing hurt was my ego.

So, the blog post wherein I hit 10,000 views is about how I wiped out in front of a huge crowd of people and made a complete ass of myself.

Aunt Monca is amazing like that.

I got some good candy, thanks to the cute little candy magnets in pink skirts that were sitting on my lap and beside me.

A couple packets of my favorite candy were thrown my way, which helped my ego out in the end.

(Eating candy given to my nieces is considered an Aunt Tax, guys. It's allowed, especially if it's the good kind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment