Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New year.

It's been a while since I've blogged.

On Facebook, I'm seeing memories of last year at this time, in which I was chilling out on a beach drinking delicious drinks.


A lot can change in a year.

Since that beautiful picture was taken on the beach, I've added a house, two more dogs, plenty of things wrong with my house, one kind of expensive ticket for not stopping at a stop sign that no one ever stops at (oops), plenty of lessons learned, a new niece, and some things that probably aren't meant to be shared online.

My life is totally different from this time last year.

I completed a leadership program and gained a ton of new contacts and friends. I've also lost a few contacts and friends from this time last year, which is okay, I suppose.

Ain't no one got time for those people!

Things I have right now: I have a house! I have a house with problems!

I have a broken front screen door, a lean-to in my backyard that blew over a couple weeks ago, wallpaper that won't come off, and trim that was apparently held up with hot glue in my kitchen.

Oh, dear.

I'm hoping for a peaceful year. One with minimal dental work, not too many unexpected expenses, obedience class for my cute but monster of a puppy, eye surgery for my other dog, happy memories with my nieces, and more games of Cards Against Humanity (I really need to order the expansion packs).

Before life got in the way, I was going to post a Top 10 list of moments from last year.

I might still do that. In the meantime, here's another beach picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment