Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Breakfast with Santa

Over the weekend, my Mom and I took my twin nieces to an event in town called Breakfast with Santa.

We had fun!

The morning started out with breakfast, of course. I was in charge of the messy eater twin. I knew a lot of people there, so I tried to encourage said twin to eat like a normal human with a spoon and not her hands.

It was mildly successful.

I was eating an orange, and their attention span was fading. Sigh. I never got to finish that orange.

After breakfast, we went to storytime, the twins got their faces painted, and we did some crafts.

Some young girls helped the twins make snowmen out of marshmallows and toothpicks.

It was neat!



By that point in the morning, I was responsible for the other twin. The nice girl helped us make a snowman, and gave her some extra bits of chocolate to eat.

We got two steps away from the table, and my little niece started eating her snowman.

The head was gone like that. The pretzel arms were next.

The other twin was proud of her snowman and carried it around without eating it.

They have totally different personalities.

My favorite part was the instant my sweet little niece, little K, saw Santa Claus.

Now, you have to remember that they're 2. They've read about Santa in books, and have probably seen him on television.

The instant little K saw Santa, her eyes lit up like the Fourth of July. You could tell instantly that she was in love.

That little girl looked at Santa the way her aunt looks at rum.

It was adorable.

There's the meaning of Christmas, right there.

(A little girl seeing Santa, not the rum)

No comments:

Post a Comment