Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Words, man.

As I've said before, I love Humans of New York.

I love it, in part, because I love words. Words are powerful. They can make you feel better, or they can make you feel worse. 

They can be true, or untrue.

They can be meaningful, or pointless.

They can be easily forgotten or remembered forever.

They can also be beautiful. Like this: "The coincidences still seem meaningful to me, but now they just seem to mean that we were meant to collide."

And this: "I hope this story has a happy ending, even if it has bumps in the road. I could really use that right now."

Words, man.

(Can't we all use a happy ending right now?)

Another good comment:  "An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break. May you be open to each thread that comes into your life - the golden ones and the coarse ones - and may you weave them into a brilliant and beautiful life." 
-An ancient Chinese belief

And another: "'That's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano...' Yeah...I've lived that life too! Collision is the perfect word to sum it up. I hope this woman has moved into the recovery phase of the healing process that these collisions create."

No comments:

Post a Comment