Thursday, November 19, 2015

Creepy crawlies and walls.

A year ago, I couldn't stand spiders.

I would scream and make someone else kill them if I saw one.

Being a homeowner changes things, though. I still don't like spiders, but I don't usually scream when I see them. I sometimes kill them with my bare hands.

Just call me Chuck Norris.


Last week, I saw an especially creepy spider in my house. I was bending over in my bathroom closet, trying to get some shoes out of the dark closet corner.

I saw something.

Ew! Naturally, as I was surrounded by shoes in the closet, I started throwing shoes at it. Here's an important fact: The light was not on in the closet.

So I'm standing there, or rather squatting there, trying to kill this spider with random shoes. My Pugs are kind of scared of the noise, and they don't want anything to do with me.

The stupid spider wouldn't die!

I finally stood up and turned the light on in the closet.

My "spider" was an imperfection in the wall. A stain, maybe old wallpaper, who knows. But it was definitely not a spider.

Let me tell you how stupid I feel for throwing shoes at a wall for a few minutes.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment