Monday, February 9, 2015

Don't judge a book by its movie.

The book is always better than the movie.

I finally got the chance to watch Gone Girl. I didn't get the chance to see it theaters, so I was pretty excited to see it.

I was kind of disappointed. The book follows the movie pretty closely, but there are a few subtle things different.

I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't read the book or watched the movie.

I left with a 'meh' feeling.



Speaking of that feeling, I finished reading Dark Places, which is another book by Gillian Flynn.

It started off slow. I usually read a book cover to cover within a day, but this one took me a few days (on the beach, might I add).

I had about 50 pages left to read, but I put it off for a couple weeks. Again, that 'meh' feeling was there.

The other night I picked it up and read the rest of it.

I had the same reaction to the end of Gone Girl.

Um, what just happened? No way! Shut up! Get out of here!

I like it.

I also have Sharp Objects, Gillian Flynn's other book, but I'm going to wait a while to read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment