Saturday, December 6, 2014

On news and reading things correctly

I would consider spelling, paying attention to the news, caring about the world you live in and reading all really important things.

Yesterday morning I woke up around 5 a.m. Bleary eyed, I looked at my phone. I saw a breaking news update about the president nominating someone for the secretary of defense job.

The person's name is Ashton Carter.

At 5 a.m., sleepy and barely awake, I read that name as Ashton Kutcher.

Um, I thought, is this a weird Dennis Rodman type of thing? Is this really happening? What's the world coming to? Am I safe here? Do I need to pack up and move somewhere?

I was kind of angry, in a sleepy way. When I read the correct name a minute later, all was okay with the world again and I peacefully went back to sleep.

Ashton Kutcher.

Ha, ha.

Not really related, but still relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment