Monday, December 8, 2014

Borderline

Part of my New Year's resolution next year is to live as frugally as possible.

Well, maybe.

To be honest, I hate New Year resolutions and I hate people who make them. Last year at the gym it took an act of God to find a machine from January to about mid-March. After the new year, it was as if everyone in town suddenly realized that exercising is good for you and maybe you should do it often and better your life.

I mean, the audacity those people have!

Kidding aside, I'm just not a resolutions kind of a person. But I've been thinking of ways I could better my life and growing my savings account seems like a pretty good thing to do.

So my latest thing is being frugal.

(It's probably a phase that won't last long.)

Over the weekend I went through my closet and realized I don't use a lot of what's in it. Those old t-shirts from college have holes in them and are useless.

Or are they?

I took a pair of scissors to one t-shirt on Sunday. I came up with seven dust rags FOR FREE! I was pretty proud of myself. I don't have to buy rags now!

But I guess I do have to clean.

Ah, bummer.



I have a pin on Pinterest for making a rug out of old t-shirts. Unfortunately my favorite colors are red and purple, so that would be one funky looking rug.

Maybe I'll just stick to my rag-making ways and forget about the rug for now.

I also saw a pin for re-using old k-cups. Most of the ideas were stupid. And then I realized there's a fine line between being frugal and being crazy.

I'm borderline, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment