Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scumbag earthquake

Earlier today my Facebook newsfeed lit up with people saying they felt an earthquake, from southwest Kansas to central Kansas.

I felt nothing.

In 2011, I did feel an earthquake. It felt like a quick vibration late one night before Thanksgiving. I was looking for coupons before Black Friday, I remember.

At the time, my family and I blamed it on one of our dogs farting. Oops. I probably owe that dog an apology. (*See editor's note below on the topic of dogs farting.)

Anyway, I did not feel said earthquake this time around. Other people in my office felt it and said their desks rattled and shook.

I was at my desk. It was quiet. I didn't feel anything.

Scumbag earthquake.

One of my co-workers: "I feel violated by Mother Earth."

I don't have much else to say about the earthquake. I feel bummed that I missed it.

Editor's note: On another Mother Nature note, there was a wicked cold spell here over the past couple of days. That means I'm wearing boots, fuzzy socks, and generally acting like my world just came crashing down on me.

I hate cold weather.

My dog hates it, too, and she refuses to poop in it.

If you don't like reading about poop, you might want to click out of your browser right now. Anyway, I woke up at about 5 a.m. this morning to the grossest smelling thing ever.

There were no surprises for me on the floor. There was just a Pug sleeping on my chair who refuses to poop because it's cold outside.

Pugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment