Tuesday, October 7, 2014

People are dumb.

Several times over the past few months I've heard my family members say that they believe in the good in people.

Every single time I hear this, I remind them that I have another perspective in life.

I do not believe in the good in people. I think people are stupid.

Not everybody is stupid, I admit. I've met some really fantastic people over the years. Some people are inherently good, morally sound, and are generally pleasant to be around.

But when you factor in things like emotions and tempers and hiding behind a computer, well, let's just say that people are stupid. 

I won't say what is causing me to write about stupid people (it involved making sure a dog was safe over the weekend and being called a dick because of it) (oops, I just wrote about what happened).

Anyway, when I realize that people are stupid my mind always goes back to the first Men in Black movie.

I'm pretty sure it was released when I was in middle school. Even at 12 or 13, I knew people were stupid and mean and that the world wasn't always a pretty place.

I've loved this quote since then.

Edwards: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment