Thursday, October 23, 2014

On appreciating things.

I have a backlog of blogs to edit and post, so bear with me in the next few days.

I'm trying to keep up with posts, but I've been busy.

This week I've had meetings and dinners and lunches galore. I can't complain about it, really, but my little introvert mind is kind of tired at this point.

I'm going to use the weekend to nap (and maybe see Gone Girl).

So, here's one of the posts I've been sitting on for a while.

-----

I went out of town last week a couple of times. During one of the trips, I tried to stop in a few places and take in the scenery.

My hometown doesn't have much water, or any water, really, so I stopped by a park and tried to appreciate the beauty of it.

I tried, I really did. I looked at the water, at the people in the park walking around and playing with their kids on the playground.

Then I sneezed.

And then I realized that I hate water and I don't really want to be near it.

I gave up with trying to appreciate the beauty of nature and got back in my car. In the middle of trying to appreciate nature I let a bee into my car. I had to shoo it out with my cell phone. Trying to kill a bee with your phone is not very graceful, if you were wondering.

I'm sure water and waterfalls and nature and walking and hikes are wonderful things. They're not for me, though.

Sneeze, cough, sniffle.

All I see in this photo is me sneezing violently.

No comments:

Post a Comment