Friday, September 19, 2014

An adventure

I wrote this a few days ago. Since then I read the babies a book for the first time. It was a riveting story about pumpkins and ghosts. They paid attention until the end.

You have to start them early, you know.

-----

I haven't seen my nieces in a week. I swear they grew about 28 feet since I saw them last.

I spent a lot of time with them last night. Around 7 p.m., I asked my Mom if she wanted to go shopping with the babies.

My parents were game, loaded the kids up in the car, and I met them at the store.

The babies love shopping. We showed them Halloween and Christmas decorations, they laughed at a piece of glittery scrapbook paper I showed them, and one baby grabbed a pink feather boa and held onto it for a while.

Before we left, I changed one baby into a clean outfit. As I was changing her diaper, she screamed at me so hard her face turned red.

Like I told my Dad last night: Shouldn't I get a 'thank you for changing my diaper' instead of screams?

I guess babies don't know how to say thanks. They should, but they don't.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment