Sunday, August 17, 2014

Saturday, part 2

After my eventful Saturday morning, I decided to take a nap before I decided to do anything else.

I woke up around 5 p.m., and got ready to go shopping. I'm going on vacation next year, and I have no summer vacation clothes.

It turns out that hey, you can't really buy summer clothes in August in western Kansas. I pondered what to do, then I decided to go to the next town over to see if I had any luck there.

It turns out, I had wonderful luck.

I got a carry on bag for a whopping $10. It's big enough to hold my iThings and a book, so that worked out well.

And then I went to the clothing section. They did not have any summer clothes, really, until I got to the clearance rack. I walked past it a couple of times, then I walked around the store a few times looking at other things.

It's inevitable, I thought. I'm going to a beautiful beach next year, and I'm going to need summer beach gear.

I grabbed five or six things, then went into the dressing room.

The first few things I grabbed were too big (SCORE), so I put them back and got a smaller size. After much consideration, I got a maxi skirt, two bathing suit tops and a pair of swim shorts.

All on clearance, too.

I did good today.

I can't say that I love water. In fact, I hate water and I'd rather have my fingernails pulled off slowly than be in water or near water.

But you know what? I'm not going to walk around on a beautiful beach in jeans and long-sleeved shirts.

You know, when in Rome and all.

I read a blog post a while back about a woman who wore a bikini and the world didn't end. I wore a dress earlier this year and the world didn't end, so I'm pretty sure the world will still be turning when I swim in the ocean with rum in my hand.

It's still months away, but I'm excited about this.

I also got a pair of tights to wear with a dress for a conference I'm going to in a couple of weeks. I promise not to wear the tights as pants, though.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment