Friday, April 11, 2014

Little dogs rock

One of the many things I like about little dogs is how much maintenance they require.

Now, I'm not talking about attention maintenance. That's another story. I'm specifically talking about bathing maintenance.

All I have to do is ask Penny to follow me to the bathroom. She's happy to follow me wherever I go. Then, I start the bath water, get about two inches of water in the tub, then tell her to hop in.

She's not too thrilled about it, so she stands in the bathtub and doesn't move a muscle. This is her defense mechanism. In her mind, if she doesn't move, the human nearest to her can't see her and her problem will automatically go away.

Whatever, Pug. This actually makes bathing her pretty easy. A two-minute wash with soap and water and she's done.

She's small enough that I can wrap her in a towel and toss her outside. There's no wet paw prints on the floor to wipe up, and she doesn't get wet dog smell all over the bathroom walls.

Have any of you reading this ever tried to bathe an 80-pound Collie who doesn't like baths? It's about as easy as bathing a dinosaur. Dog hair and water and soap and tempers go flying all over the place.

Penny is pretty low maintenance. Little dogs rock.

I did not take a photo of the Pug in a tub today, so here's a photo of my dog pouting because I asked her to go outside one day. How dare I demand that!

I also found a cute pin on Pinterest today, so I'll include that.





No comments:

Post a Comment