Saturday, March 1, 2014

Weird, I know.

I admire people who can openly talk about their health problems. Whether it’s cancer, a problem their child is having, or depression, I understand that health problems take a lot out of you and it takes a pretty strong person to discuss them.

As a journalist, I’ve interviewed people with breast cancer and other types of cancers. I wrote stories about a woman who was diagnosed with a disease that was named after her. She didn't live. I’ve interviewed parents whose children had developmental delays and other problems.

I expect all of these people to open up to a total stranger about their problems. And I admire them for doing so.

But I can’t do that. Weird, I know.

When my health issues pop up and I don’t feel like it will ever end, my mind always goes back to a blog post I found a while ago.

If you don’t know who The Bloggess is, you should. Secondly, if you haven’t bought her book, you should.

She wrote a blog post called Where I am right now that I think a lot of people can relate to.

My favorite parts: 
"…so I suspect it’s a silent twin that’s just swimming around in my body and fucking shit up."
 "And more upsetting is the fact that I still feel exactly as exhausted as I did before we started the treatment, so God knows if this will even work or if it’ll just be another bull-point in my list-of-shit-that-wrong-with-me."
 "I should be happy that things weren’t worse, and relieved that I have the resources to diagnose and maybe fix the problems, but today I’m just sick and tired of being sick and tired, and I can’t find a way to end this paragraph." 
Also, someone on Facebook talked about Beyonce, the giant metal chicken that The Bloggess wrote about one time. That blog post and one caption in particular are my favoritest things on the Internet, so here’s the link. I'll let you guess which caption I love in particular (it's not hard to figure out).



Not Beyonce, but another giant metal chicken.








No comments:

Post a Comment