Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pieces

Welcome to 2014!

I'm not a New Year's resolutions person. I've never made any resolutions and I don't think I ever will.

I do, however, have a few hopes that I'm wishing will come true.

I've already been working on almost all of these. They include:

- Financial freedom, including getting my damn car paid off and learning to live within my budget. I would say I came a long way on this goal in 2013. My car will be paid off soon. It's liberating.

- To be healthy and happy. I joined a gym in 2013 and started doing yoga. I quit eating like a hung-over college student. I quit eating a lot of processed food and started eating more fruits and vegetables. I've also come a long way in figuring out what type of foods my body can and can't handle. I don't need the heartburn medication anymore because I know how to avoid that problem naturally. Again, liberating.

- The biggest goal in 2014: To buy a house. This is a huge task that seems impossible. Buying a house by yourself is terrifying. It's scary and overwhelming. It's also something I need to do to prove to myself that I can do this and that, yes, I do deserve this.

In 2013 I decided to quit focusing on trying to fix other people's problems. Instead, I started fixing my own problems and my own life.

The result is a pretty amazing life that I'm still working on and still trying to improve.

And you know what? I'll never stop trying to make my life better.

Today's theme song is Pieces.

I've been broken, torn and scattered
I've loved holy, I've loved sin
I was rolling on the wind
It didn't matter

I was so sure of who I didn't want to be
Every smile and every fear
Every laugh and every tear
It was all mine, it was all me

Pieces of my heart
Pieces of my soul
Pieces that I'm gonna be
I don't even know
I gave a lot to lovers
Gave a lot to friends
Everything I took from them
Made me who I am
Pieces

We've all been lied to
We've all been liars
Nothing's perfect in this world
Everybody's been burned by the fire
Guess I'm learning
That what breaks you, makes you grow
But I'm not hiding where I've been
Gonna let the light shine in
What I don't need
Gonna let that, let that, let that go

Pieces, the good and the bad
Pieces, the happy and sad
Pieces, the wrong and the right
Pieces, that's my, that's my, that's my life

Pieces, pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment