Thursday, January 16, 2014

In the city

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Kansas City, looking at the view out of my 33rd story window.

There aren't a lot of cars out. It's almost 2 a.m., after all, and all I can see are building lights and street lights blinking red.

I did the same thing last year when I came to this event in this big-to-me-town. I think I'm going to make it a tradition - to turn all of the lights out in the room, go to the window, and just stare out into the city.

It's funny. You think you have a big problem in life, but suddenly looking out over a city you realize that your problems aren't actually that important. I love that feeling.

There are a couple of cars driving around. At 2 a.m., I wonder what the people in the cars are up to.

I'll post more about this night, this amazing, wonderful, beer-tastic night, some other time. Professionally speaking, it doesn't get much better than this.

For now, here's a daytime view of a city I don't make it to often and don't know very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment