Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Great Reads

I love journalism.

It's the only thing I ever wanted to do. It's the only thing I was ever really good at doing.

Even though I don't work in journalism anymore, I still freelance every once in a while. When I do, it makes me realize why I got into the business in the first place.

It's addicting. Being on deadline is the best feeling in the world. It's the best high and surpasses the best buzz in the world.

On that note, I read a couple of great things today.

The first is from Buzzfeed. That story takes you to a link from The Boston Globe.

You should read both. This is why I love journalism.

From Buzzfeed: The Incredible Story of How a Reporter Followed an At-Risk Teenager's Journey All the Way to Yale

From The Boston Globe: Brothers seek a way up and out

No comments:

Post a Comment