Thursday, March 30, 2023

Food dudette

On thishereblog post, I am going to talk about food. 

I've lost 20 pounds since November, mostly due to dental work, a retainer that I hate wearing, and not eating in public spaces or around people because of said dental work and retainer. 

I'm all about the weight loss, but I think it needs to be done in a healthy way. I don't know that losing a front tooth and having to take nausea medication to wear a retainer is the healthiest of ways that weight could have come off, but it is what it is and here we are five months and 20 pounds later.

That being said, I've been trying to eat more. 

Last night, I made honey garlic lemon salmon, rice and veggies. This morning I woke up like a true geriatric millennial and had avocado toast. 

Here is the recipe for the salmon that I found on Tik Tok. The recipe for the toast is as follows: Smush an avocado with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and lemon or lime juice, spread that magic on a piece of toast, top with cherry or grape tomatoes that are cut in half.

And that's it, kids. The salmon is one of the best things that I've ever cooked. One minor adjustment I would make is to substitute lemon juice for orange juice. I am not a chef or even that good of a cook, I just think orange would taste better.

Maybe?

Anyway, all is well in Monicaland at the moment. I'm trying to cook more, drink more water, see my family and the kids more, and just do everything in general more these days. 


I don't want to brag, I don't want to boast. I always tell them, I like toast. Toast!


One of the best things I've ever cooked. I ate every single bite of this salmon. 




No comments:

Post a Comment