Friday, February 17, 2023

Put some feel good in my soul

Random thoughts floating around in my head at the moment:

- It kills me how newsletters are back in. Like, I know painfully normal people who have a monthly newsletter. Do I subscribe? Of course I do. Do I think it’s weird? Of course I do.

- Taxes changed this year, and taxes are not like last year. I went shopping with my refund money and bought shampoo and toilet paper. I got kind of excited about it. 

- Speaking of things that are ‘in’ — all of the pants that I own are skinny jeans. Those are out, as we’re back to bell bottoms and wide-leg pants now. I found some updated pants at Target, got a couple pairs of tennis shoes (one purple), and suddenly I feel 10 years younger. I also went down a pant size, likely because I quit eating out/in public while I’m getting a dental implant. It’s a win-win all around, I think.

- I love that Gen Z made it okay to wear tennis shoes to work. I am all about that comfort. 

- Life is pretty stable and not that exciting at the moment, which is why I haven’t been updating. The update would literally be that I just bought toilet paper…which I just told you. 

- I googled the average lifespan of a blog recently. The results are kind of mixed: it’s either 100 days or two years. Regardless, my little Kansas Musings is turning 10 this year. Ten years of my thoughts is way too much, but it is what it is. Ten years of Pugs, country music and traveling? Let’s make it another 10 years, guys. We should do something to celebrate…



No comments:

Post a Comment