Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The 'Rona diaries, part 1

July 12 — Covid detention day one

 

They say all great empires fall. This great empire, who has seen a bunch of stuff in the last 2.5 years, finally fell on July 12, 2022, with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis.

 

Who finally gets COVID-19 for the first time in 2022?

 

This girl.

 

This is going to be my ‘Rona diary, and I’m going to publish it after I get out of detention. Or maybe before. I don't really have a plan, here. 


Being an adult is kind of like taking a bunch of important papers, arranged in order, throwing them up in the air, and then giving up and just walking out of the the room and leaving the mess on the floor.

 

This morning I woke up with a low-grade fever and a deep cough, two things which absolutely are not normal for me.

 

I took a test and waited around for the results. I was dressed and ready for work, and did a full face of make up.

 

And then I went home, told my dogs they had a ‘Rona mama, and then we set about doing absolutely nothing for the next few days.

 

It’s really hard to do nothing when society tells you to be doing something constantly. I moved a week ago and don’t have internet yet. I did order it, and I will cherish the hell out of it when I can finally find a binge-worthy show.

 

Until then, I’m going to move slowly around and see what I can get done in my new house. I unpacked some boxes, found my old iPods, and I’m in the middle of charging all of them up.

 

I still have the first-ever iPod that was released, plus two other ones (including an iPod Touch, which was so REVOLUATIONARY at the time). I’m looking forward to exploring my music before I discovered who I really love in life, whose last name rhymes with smurch.


I got a CNN notification on my phone, with this story: It's time to start paying more attention to COVID-19 again. 


I read that story standing in my kitchen. The exact thought in my head when I read that story while suffering from COVID: Thanks, captain obvious.

 

Key factors from ‘Rona detention, day one:

-       My friends are going to get a lot of TikToks from me this week.

-       Internet is important.

-       This is why I don’t like planning ahead. Why bother?

-       Instacart is the best thing ever. (Contactless, of course.)




No comments:

Post a Comment