Saturday, April 30, 2022

Who doesn't love a good cheating and murder song?

Me: I'm feeling kind of down. I think I'll listen to some music to cheer me up.

Eric Church and Chris Janson's new song: I smile at the memory of my diamond on her hand as she went under.

Raise your hand if you did not see that coming.

✋✋✋ 

I listened to the song a couple of times on Spotify, liked it a lot, and then listened to it. Wait a minute. He goes to his shed to get his shovel after his girl cheats on him.

I think to myself, and then send a message to another fan club member. Did Eric Church just kill someone in a song?

And then I watched the video. Haha!

I never thought I'd see a video of Eric dragging a body into a lake, or video of him being buried, but here we are.

Who doesn't love a good cheating and murder song?

When Chris Janson teased that song in a concert in my hometown earlier this year, I thought it would be a beer drinking song by a river.

It is not.

That's pretty dark, Mr. Church. As one fan put it: "It's deliciously dark."

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment