Saturday, March 26, 2022

Gold

I read this somewhere online, and I don’t think I saved it anywhere, which is a bummer.

It’s a little poem that goes something like this:

We want someone who treats us like we’re gold. We settle for someone who treats us like we’re silver, and then we wonder why we tarnish.

Happy weekend! 

My weekend plans involve nursing a sore finger back to health. It’s kind of weird to make a blog post about a finger, so I’ll just throw you a little life lesson right here.

Don’t bite your fingernails. You’ll end up on antibiotics and in pain so bad, you won’t be able to sleep.

Over a finger.

As the doctor put it: “It’s not the lamest thing I’ve seen today. I treated a blister before you.”

Right now I’m thankful for doctors and antibiotics. 

And fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment