Sunday, January 30, 2022

Literally.


One of the things I wasn’t expecting when my nieces were born was how much they would mature when they started school.

The twins are in second grade, and their baby sister is in kindergarten. 

The following conversation took place between the twins, who turned 8 a few days ago.

L: Do aliens have ears?

K: They literally do. 

LITERALLY, aliens have ears? 🤣

I’m sorry I can’t finish this blog post right now, because an 8-year-old just slayed me by using a word that I have a giant girl crush on.

LITERALLY.

Later that night, we had the twins playing Scrabble. K was in the lead, and was really proud of that, until L played a word and got 14 points from it.

K was no longer ahead, and that pissed her off.

K, talking to her twin sister: You have evil glasses. You have evil toes and feet. You have evil glitter on your shirt. 

Again, K is slaying me with words right now. 

K and I talked about words that rhyme. I spit out the word ‘bed’ and before I could even think, the next poet laureate of the United States started rhyming words.

These kids are the coolest kids I’ve ever met. 

Go best friends!

Also, you’d think a writer would be good at Scrabble, but I suck at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment