Thursday, September 3, 2020

Is this real life?

It was Tuesday morning and at 7:45, I was the second car in line at the Expo Center. 

I was not in line at a concert. I was not in line for anything fun. I was in line to get a COVID test. The entire time I waited, I felt like David After Dentist.

Is this real life?

My ordeal started on Monday morning. I woke up and felt a familiar feeling in my stomach. The feeling of, oh, that's not good. I mean, Really Not Good. 

I'm going to call it a very mild case of the flu. I'm also going to call it scary as hell because some of my symptoms mimicked COVID symptoms. So, off to get tested I went. 

I'm thankful I tested negative. I'm thankful that my entire ordeal lasted about 45 minutes on Tuesday morning, 15 of which was spent in line before they opened at 8 a.m. 

The entire time I sat in my car, I kept thinking about how we got here. How did we as a human race get to the point where we have to have COVID testing sites?

How did we get to the point where "I like your mask" becomes a normal thing to say?


I laugh at coronavirus memes online. I dream of the day that life can go back to normal. And dammit, I dream of the day that I can go to concerts again. 

But on Tuesday morning, I was not laughing. I spent Monday night not moving on my couch with an ice pack on my head because my headache was so bad.

Again, I'm thankful I tested negative. But dammit, that was scary as hell. 

I wish I had something positive to say for the end of thishereblogpost, but I have nothing.

Wear a damn mask. Social distance. Stay home, people. For me and for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment