Saturday, July 25, 2020

Live music

Back in January, I bought a little concert ticket. 

I was planning on going to Cheyenne Frontier Days to watch Eric Church and Ashley McBryde. There were no hotel rooms left in Cheyenne six months ago, so I figured I'd spend a long weekend in Denver, maybe see my family that lives there, and just adventure around after the concert.

That was, of course, before the whole world changed. 

Last night, my Dad and I parked our car within listening distance of a live band playing at a bar. We did the responsible thing, in my opinion, and socially distanced while listening to old country music and an 80s hair band/cover band.

It was weird. It was strange. It was also perfect.

"Sing this song like you haven't been to a concert since January," I heard one band member tell the audience. 

I love that live music lives on. Tonight, I will sit in my backyard and listen to the music while making smores around a fire. 

There are bad, awful things in the world. There are bad, awful people in the world. But there are good things, too. Good, kind things and good, kind people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment