Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Houseguest

About a week ago, I loaded up my favorite little redheaded niece in preparation for our date.

I took her out to eat, and then picked up her sisters and Grandma to go see Frozen 2.

During lunch, my favorite little redhead kept saying, "Monica, I'm so excited to see this movie." As am I, child. (Not really.)

We got ready to leave the restaurant, and we were running kind of late. I walked to my car, opened the back door, and told the redhead to get in the car.

She was hesitant, so I told her to get in the car because we were running late. And then I looked in the back of the car, where I saw one booster seat instead of two.

And then I realized that the car I was trying to get my niece to crawl in to was not my car.

Oops!

In my defense, the car was unlocked and looked exactly like my car. (Aunt of the year award goes to...) I went over a couple of parking spaces, got said child into the right car, and off we went.

Every time I've gotten into a car with that little redhead since then, she looks up at me and says, "Gee Aunt Monica, I hope we get into the right car this time."

And then she looks at me and rolls her eyes.

I have no idea where this child got her sarcasm from. I mean, I have no idea whatsoever.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment