Monday, April 15, 2019

Not a story in the world

I had a little shadow glued to side over the weekend.

It was the cutest shadow ever.

On Friday night before bedtime, my shadow wanted to tell stories before bedtime.

It was the most hilarious thing I've heard recently, and possibly ever, in my life.

My little shadow is 5 years old. She has long red hair that goes on for days. She is the kid who made me an aunt (her twin sister was born a minute later).

The story started like this:

"Once upon a time, I was walking in a spooky forest..."

I had to try to contain my laughter. I'm sure a few giggles slipped out. When's the last time you stepped foot in a forest, kid? How do you even know what a forest is?

Anyway, the story continued. I wish I could have recorded her so I could tell you the story word for word.

Here's my best attempt.

There was a man walking through a spooky forest, and he came across some houses. He decided to steal jewelry from the houses, but he soon discovered that the jewelry was made of cardboard.

He was tricked!

The people knew he was coming, so they hid their real jewelry and put out their fake cardboard jewelry instead.

And then the police showed up...but the police were made of cardboard.

Another trick!

There were more parts of the story that I tried not to giggle through. In the end, the police officer was looking at multiple robbers, literally. There was a crowd of people looking at the officer.

There was a twist. The people accused of stealing the jewelry weren't just normal people.

Little redhead: "They had butts for faces."

And with that, my favorite little redhead burst out into laughter.

There is not a story in the world that's better than the one she told.

--


---

About a week later, I was telling this story to my parents. Little K piped up and had an excellent ending to the story.

Little K: "And then the butt was like, 'Where's my face?'"

And then we all died of laughter. These kids are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment