Sunday, August 12, 2018

Part 1 - Going to Church

If you want to know how my adult life is going, here is a pretty good example.

About a month ago, I worked pretty hard all night. I bragged to people that I adulted successfully.

I got my tires replaced, fixed the AC in my car, replaced the tail lights and replaced the windshield wipers.

I was especially proud of the windshield wipers. I put them on myself after YouTubing the directions.

When I booked this Eric Church road trip to Oklahoma/Texas, I was pretty confident about my car.

When I was returning from my trip, I was driving north of Oklahoma City in pouring rain on the interstate.

My car was running perfect. I had just gone to Church, and I was in a fantastic mood.

As I was driving 70ish miles an hour down the road, my windshield wiper blades flew off my car.

My first two thoughts were:

  • Well that was 40 bucks well spent. 
  • This is the definition of adulthood. 

I stopped in Wichita on the way back to buy new windshield wiper blades, and this time I asked the guy at the car shop to put them on.

Live and learn, people. Sometimes lessons are learned the hard way.

(If you're wondering what I did on the interstate in the pouring rain with no wipers, I kept on driving. It seemed like the safest thing to do.)

This happened at the end of the trip. Why am I starting off this here blog post with the end?

To quote my favorite book, The Five People You Meet in Heaven:

Imight seem strange to start a story with an endingBut all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.


These boots.


Pit.
Ps, I have no idea how many parts will be in this series of blog posts. I'm making this up as I go along, as I do with most other things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment