Wednesday, June 27, 2018

All the pretty colors.

I am a lot of things, but patient is not one of them.

I'm also not a quitter.

Last week, I decided to travel an hour west because I was craving my favorite restaurant. I really thought I would have enough time to get home before the storms hit.

I was wrong.

I am grateful there were no tornadoes or hail in this storm. There was a lot of wind and rain, and it was kind of fun to see the vehicles chicken out and pull over.

A line of us crawled all the way home without quitting, at a whopping 45 miles an hour.

In the photo below, I was going east, and I had already driven through the colorful stuff. Why stop to let a storm pass when you just drove through the worst of it?

I decided to keep going.

I needed gas, though. That proved difficult in Cimarron because there were cars underneath the gas station awning.

Guys, let's think about this for a second. Look at the pretty colors in the photo below. A gas station awning will not protect you from rain when the rain is horizontal.

Move so I can gas up, people!

It wasn't the smartest decision I've ever made, but it was kind of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment