Friday, November 10, 2017

Part 1

Interesting things about oral surgery, medications and anxiety, part 1:
  1. My right arm hurt today, and I didn’t know why. I have two punctures on my right arm, which is fine, but my dentist took blood from my left arm. They tried my right arm, and I don’t even remember them doing that. Anxiety is awesome like that.
  2. Dentists take blood now? That’s a first for me.
  3. I’m about ready to itch my skin off. Side effect of antibiotics, I guess? Wearing clothes that are 100 percent cotton helps. Weird.
  4. I have stitches on both sides of my mouth. Every time my face touches something, like a pillow or a make-up brush, it hurts.
  5. Being in cold weather makes it feel like someone is taking a baseball bat to my face.
  6. I have to eat food to take medicine, but I can’t chew on either side of my mouth. What?
  7. I had to drink a lot of water before the surgery because they told me to be nice and hydrated when I got my blood taken. Thankfully I learned how to drink really fast in my younger years. Thanks, college!

Life sucks sometimes.

Side rant: Garth Brooks, who did not sing live at the CMAs, won Entertainer of the Year. First my mouth hurts, and now my heart hurts. 


Nurse Penny: Yo, something happened to your face today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment