Tuesday, October 17, 2017

I can fix a drink

As it stands now, I cannot have an implant.

The thing is, I kind of assumed the bone graft I had over the summer would not work. When I say the word 'pain,' I don't mean the normal kind of pain that you feel when you don't feel good.

This was a level of pain that I can't even describe.

Plus, I'm not the kind of person who gets easy fixes. I don't just have a bone graft and then get an implant that works like unicorn poop.

There's not enough bone in that spot for an implant, even with a bone graft.

I saw the x-ray. There's the bone graft, then there's a black hole of nothingness above it.

The oral surgeon asked me if I wanted a bridge. I told him that I just had a $7,000 bridge pulled from my mouth.

He said he could try another bone graft, but my sinus is in the way, so he'd have to "bump the sinus up."

Uh...no.

Or, he said, you could just walk around with a missing tooth.

I guess that's why you shouldn't let an infection eat your face?

I did everything I could to fix that tooth. It was root canalled, root canalled again, it had gum surgery, it had a post in it, it had a bone graft.

When I felt that tooth crack, I made an appointment to get it checked out immediately.

I could not have done anything different.

I gave it all I had.

I can't fix this, guys. The infection ate away at the bone so much that the bone is gone forever.

In the words of a song that I love listening to:

I can't fix that.

But I can fix a drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment