Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Not lost on me

I wrote this last week. 
You don't have to tell me that dental infections can be bad. Deadly, even.
When I wake up in the morning, I remind myself to be thankful and grateful that I finally found a team of doctors who can fix my problems. 
They're a pretty great team. I like these new people a lot.
It means a lot to me to have people I just met stick up for me and work hard to fix my problems. I haven't had that in the past, and the importance of that is not lost on me.

--

I met doctor #18 today, a new physical therapist because #17 is on maternity leave.
I cancelled my first appointment with #18 because that was the week my tooth, mouth and life exploded.
I explained what happened to my tooth to my PT, because being on antibiotics and pain killers completely wrecked my digestive system. Like, all the progress I had made in that department of my life went down the toilet.

Doctor #18 looked at me after I explained the problem, and she told me the infection I had in my mouth could have gone to my heart.
"That oral surgeon just saved your life."
Today I ate a piece of humble pie. 
I am amazed at Wichita's health care. It's the best care I've ever had and I've loved all the doctors I've gone to there.
Thank you, Wichita, for saving my life.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment