Monday, June 26, 2017

Smiling and grateful.

This will be a short post, as I purposely haven't had my computer out at my house for a while now.

Taking a break from screen time is sometimes a good thing.

Here's my message for the day: I love my physical therapist.

She's the first person to actually sit me down and explain my problem to me. That spot on my side that I've been feeling pain in for more than a year?

It turns out there's a reason that spot hurts.

No way? Get out of here!

So many people told me that my problem was in my head that I kind of started to believe it. It's nice to finally have found the right doctor. I think I'm on the path towards eating like a normal human being...kind of.

Just don't make me eat red meat, because for the life of me, I can't.

Chicken and shrimp seem to be all right, as long as it's not fried.

A hamburger? Settle down, people. I'm not that brave or adventurous yet.

After eating what seems like 900 pounds of oatmeal in the past few weeks, I had a very, very not nice surprise when I tried eating salsa over the weekend.

I downed three cups of water at the restaurant. I am not used to spicy food.

MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE.

Anyway, back to physical therapy.

While all the other old ladies at my PT's office get the very young, very attractive male doctors, and while the old ladies bring their friends to meet their very young, very attractive male doctors, my PT is an adorable 9-months pregnant woman.

We talked about make-up for an hour last week.

Did I mention that I love her? Because I love her. I give her money, she listens to me and she helps me. She's also very nice to me.

I lucked out with doctor #17, folks. She's a keeper.

The past year of my life has not been fun, and I've encountered and fired many a doctor who didn't believe me or do much to help me.

There are doctors in the world who care about their jobs and will help you, though. And for that, I'm smiling and extremely grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment