Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

Last week was not a good week in Monicaland.

The universe did not align properly for me. Honestly, nothing really went my way, and I was pretty mad about it.

On Friday night, I was taking a co-worker home after work. I thought I heard something funny, so I pulled over onto a side street.

I don't know much about flat tires, but I know that you're not supposed to drive on them.

I pulled over, got out of my car, and walked around to the other side.

Ah, bummer. That's a flat tire if I've ever seen one.

I did the only thing I know how to do: I called my Dad. And then I called my bff to cancel our walking date.

Bff sent her husband my way, and my Dad was on his way. Meanwhile, I sat in my car on the side of the road, kind of like a bird with a broken wing.

I just kinda sat there, waiting to be rescued.

In my rear view mirror, a white truck pulled up behind me.

There are silver trucks in my life and there are black trucks in my life, but there are no white trucks in my life. On the mean streets of western Kansas, I figured getting out and introducing myself wouldn't bring me anymore trouble.

Farmer Aaron was driving past my car, and saw my tire. He couldn't just drive past and let me sit there, he said.

Oh, sweet.

He pointed to my trunk and told me to pop it open. It took me a second, but I realized he was talking about getting my spare tire out.

You guys, I went to college. I should be smarter than this.

Farmer Aaron is really, really fast at changing tires. He taught me how to do it, and told me to drive slow on my way to get it fixed.

By the time Farmer Aaron left, my Dad and bff's husband showed up.

Getting a flat tire and having a good conversation with a farmer was the best thing that happened to be last week.

I didn't catch his last name, but I want to thank a guy for helping me when he didn't have to. Also, I'd like to thank him for being nice to someone who was not having a good week.

There are still good people in the world, afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment