Thursday, September 8, 2016

I like it a lot.

I've noticed a few things recently.

On Friday night, I took my twin nieces to a football game in town. I walked up and down a hill, holding their little hands. When one twin started crying, I picked her up, walked down the stairs and walked her around the stadium.

The next day, I crawled up on my front porch to reach an electrical outlet on my porch ceiling.

Today, I walked up and down a few flights of stairs. If someone needed something downstairs, I volunteered to go get it.

And I did all of this without huffing, puffing, and being out of breath.

I specifically remember not being able to walk up the hill at the football game when I was in college.

I lost 50 pounds and am down to a jean size I haven't been in since high school. Full disclosure: I would still like to lose another 25 to 40 pounds, so I'm nowhere near done.

But I'm just now realizing how much I can do.

I like this version of myself.

I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment