Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Part 2 - Food.

There comes a time in your life when you have to stop eating pizza rolls and hot pockets on a regular basis.

I'm kind of embarrassed to say how much of those foods I eat on a monthly basis. 

When I went shopping on Friday after work, I wanted to make a grown up meal. And what's more grown up than steak and potatoes?

I found a recipe on Pinterest for potatoes, and I kind of followed it. I diced the potatoes up, put them in a pan with two tablespoons of butter and olive oil, then threw all kinds of spices in there as well.

I put them in the oven for about an hour, and stirred them every 15 minutes.

Those potatoes were delicious, guys. Patience is not my strong point, so the fact that I spent an hour putting love into them was kind of amazing. 

While the potatoes were cooking, I cooked my steak. The first one I cooked on Friday night was perfect. It was seared perfectly on the outside, and still nice and pink on the inside.

A masterpiece!

After the steak was done cooking, I let it rest. I threw the potatoes in the pan the steak had cooked in for a few minutes.

Guys, did I mention how delicious those potatoes were?

I'm proud of myself for this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment