Thursday, July 14, 2016

It's pretty cute.

Lately, I've noticed a lot of people randomly driving down my street, and stopping in front of a church.

That church is right across the street from my house. The church is a good neighbor. Several members of the congregation knocked on my door the weekend I moved to tell me that they had been praying for me, a new homeowner.

Anyway, I've been wondering what was going on with all of those vehicles stopping.

We had a lively conversation at work about Pokemon-Go.

Apparently churches are training centers (I don't actually know what that means). When people drive around, they're apparently pulling over by the church in front of my house to train their Pokemon.

Yesterday, I downloaded the app. I have to admit, it's pretty cute. I caught one Pokemon yesterday, but haven't opened the app since.

I guess if it gets you out and about, it might be worth it. After yesterday's skunk debacle, I need to find a new walking route in town. While finding a new route, I might also be hunting monsters through the app (I guess they're called monsters? I have no idea).

It's disheartening to see national monuments asking that people not play the app. I hope people have common sense and play it in appropriate places.

But, I admire the businesses and organizations who are embracing it.

Ahem, Denver Broncos.

No comments:

Post a Comment