Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Not pretty.

The thing about life is that it's not always pretty.

The past few days, weeks, maybe even months, haven't been all that great. I've been sick a lot with various things. A week-long case of the flu last month wiped me out. I've been exhausted since then.

I wish I could explain it, but I can't. I'm just tired. 

Something about being sick gives me anxiety. It's stupid, I know, but I honestly can't help it.

Getting out of bed is hard some days. 

Yesterday, I got out of bed because I promised myself a cinnamon roll for breakfast. (My mom's cinnamon rolls are totally worth it.)

Today, I got out of bed because I had a really good hair day yesterday, and I was excited to try to have another good hair day today.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get out of bed because I just bought a brand new box of Lucky Charms. The marshmallows are always all at the top of the box, so those first few scoops of cereal are almost my favorite thing in the world.


Monday was a holiday. I wasted it worrying that I didn't do anything productive over the weekend.

Some people (normal people) are proud of the fact that they did nothing on a holiday weekend.

I get depressed about it.

It's frustrating to live your life when your brain doesn't always like you. 

So that's why I haven't been blogging. Maybe this month, or next month, will be better. Or maybe it won't, and I'll just spend my time eating cinnamon rolls and Lucky Charms with really badass looking hair. 

There are worse ways to spend your life.

Related: Kristen Bell: I’m Over Staying Silent About Depression

No comments:

Post a Comment