Friday, April 8, 2016

Houses

The other night, I fell asleep with my bedroom window open.

It was a little cool for it, but I decided to go for it anyway. I think one of the definitions of happiness is falling asleep on a night listening to the wind chimes on your front porch.

My dogs and I slept really well that night.

There are things about my house that I don't like. I can never keep shelves free of dust. I have to open two doors to let the dogs out. My fence stinks.

But, there are also things that I like about it. I love how cute my oldest dog looks on Saturdays as she strolls out into the living room, looks at me, yawns, then goes back to sleep beside me for a little bit.

Pugs, as it turns out, look really adorable in old houses with beautiful woodwork.

I'm still learning to get used to the weird house noises, especially at night. Last night, my blind dog started throwing a fit and barking.

I heard whatever she heard, too. I told her she was a good girl. She went back to sleep.

I have no idea what the noise was that we heard.

I might be in my 30s, I might have a full-time job, a paid off car, and a mortgage under my name, but I still get a little creeped out at sounds at night.

Don't get me started about walking through my house when it's dark at night.

This is not my dog, but I thought it was funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment