Saturday, August 1, 2015

Perfect.

Picture this.

There's a 1-year-old sitting on my front porch, wearing an outfit I bought for her, sans pants. Because, you know, who wants to wear pants in August in Kansas?

She's holding a pink plastic fork, picking my flowers, and dancing even though there's no music playing.

She likes the song "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys.

This morning, we danced to "Barbara Ann," we sat on the front porch with no pants on with pink silverware (even though we weren't eating), and we were just chilling out.

I wanted a house for these kind of memories. No matter how old she gets, I'm always going to remember her on my front porch, her hair a mess of curls, wearing a diaper, and picking my flowers.

It was perfect.

(For the record, I had pants on.)


No comments:

Post a Comment