Friday, July 24, 2015

A boring explanation

I'm pretty sure people think my house is boring.

I don't have television or Internet. I don't drink pop or caffeine. If you come to my house, your options are either water or lemonade. (Those caffeine headaches were a nightmare to live through, and I'm not going to buy pop specifically for you. You can, and should, drink water.)

To make me even more boring, I'm lactose intolerant. My house does not have milk, sour cream, cream cheese, real ice cream or any other delicious to other people, but stomach nightmares to me, food.

I want to say that yes, I can very well afford TV or Internet. A whopping $30 or $50 a month won't break me. But I want people to understand why I don't have it.

I'd rather spend that $30 a month on food to have people over, or on smores to eat around my fire pit with friends on a calm, peaceful night.

You know what you do with people when you're not sitting in front of a screen?

You talk to people. You play card games. You laugh.

I'd rather take the time I'd spend watching tv at night and spend it on working on my house, doing craft projects, or listening to music.

To date, I have about 20 things crossed off my to-do list. It's a never-ending list that has about a million projects on it, but I'm getting there.

I want to be doing things and talking to people who visit my home.

I don't want to watch tv.

I just thought I'd clear that up. If you want some water, good conversation, soy ice cream or smores, stop by my house.

My dog and I love visitors.
 
A Pug, her stick and a fire pit.


No comments:

Post a Comment