Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Thankful.

I've been stressed out and not in the best of moods lately.

I drove in rain yesterday morning for almost three hours. People were driving like maniacs. I was irritated and I just wanted to go home.

I debated turning around and going home several times. About an hour and a half into my trip, things got intense. I slowed down, way down, and couldn't see five feet in front of my car.

It was pretty bad.

Once I got to Wichita, one of my friends called me. She told me to avoid a certain highway because there were several wrecks on it.

I was already past that spot in the highway, thankfully.

Later that night when I checked my phone, I read that two people died in an accident that morning. I missed the wreck by about 30 minutes.

Wow.

Friendly reminder: Drive responsibly. If you don't feel comfortable driving, pull over. Turn around, go home, or get a hotel room.

Sure, it's $100 out of your pocket, but it's not worth your life.

Today I'm thankful the worst thing that happened to me driving this weekend was my irritability.


No comments:

Post a Comment