Monday, December 1, 2014

Impressive feat.

I haven't been blogging lately because I don't have anything huge going on right now to share with the world.

There's a list of blog posts that I've started that I suppose I can share.

These two are from a couple of months ago.

-----

My dog achieved several impressive feats over the weekend.

I haven't been sleeping well at night, and as a result I've been tossing and turning a lot. This irritates my dog and for the past few nights she's slept on her dog bed.

She was on her dog bed last night as I was falling asleep. Pretty soon she jumped up beside me, burrowed her head in my covers and then found a comfortable spot beside me.

She usually asks permission to do this, but last night she gave no shits about whether I wanted her beside me or not.

Fine, I thought. Who am I to question a Pug?

I woke up this morning to a muffled alarm sound. It was 30 minutes past the time when I usually wake up. I couldn't figure out where my phone was to turn my alarm off.

After some searching, I realized my dog was laying on it, which dulled the sound of the alarm.

When I went to make her go outside, she just laid there and stared at me. She didn't move an inch. She was also laying horizontal across the bed and taking up more space than I do when I sleep.

I don't think my dog is in to this 'Monday' thing.

-----

Pain is a funny thing.

I've been in enough pain to know when to give up trying to fix the problem myself and ask a doctor for help.

In between doctor's visits, though, I have this nasty habit of asking Dr. Google for help.

Note to everyone reading this: Don't ever WebMD your problems.

Anyway, in doing a Google search for sinus infections, or as I like to call it, my mysterious face pain, I ran across some golden advice on the interwebs.

If you have multiple sinus infections in one year, you could have another problem. Like allergies.

Thank you, internet, for telling me things that I already know.

You're a jerk.

Update: I had an allergy test done last week. I get the results this week. I spent a day moping around, mad at the world. I was expecting it to be quick and dirty (in that they'd take my blood and call me a week later).

Nope, it can't ever be that simple. It turned into a "hm, you have some issues you have to come back" and "hm, you might have to be referred to someone else."

So yay, we might get to add one more doctor to the mix. As you can tell, I'm very excited about this.

(Sarcasm.)

Sarcasm and crabbiness aside, I'm kind of looking forward to knowing what I'm allergic to. I have suspicions, but it will be nice to know for sure.

(Whine: Can I ever have a medical problem that DOESN'T turn into a huge months-long debacle? I'm guessing no, but we'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment