Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I would have punched you in the face.

I realized about a month ago that I have a major problem in life.  It's a very serious, potentially expensive problem.

I don't have any spring clothes.

All of the clothes in my closet from last year have been donated, as they're at least two sizes too big for me now. I bought a few new winter clothes, ones that are long-sleeved and dark colored, to get me through December, January and February.

Now it's 60 degrees and sunny, and my wardrobe is bleak and dark.

I've been trying to change that recently. I bought three new shirts. One's light blue, one's blue and green, and the other falls within my comfort zone of black.

I love the blue and green shirt. The black shirt is amazing and looks decent with jewelry I have. But the light blue shirt? I've been trying to decide whether it's getting a stay of execution or not.

My main problem with the shirt is that I don't have any jewelry to go with it. I tried wearing it with silver colored jewelry, but that's not my favorite thing in the world and I didn't like it.

None of my long necklaces really match it.

A couple days ago, I came up with a bright idea. My mom has a cute strand of pearls that could have potential with my light blue shirt.

With her permission, I tried that out today.

Fabulous! Now I love the shirt and plan to keep it. I'll add a pearl necklace to my list of wants as well (eventually).

I don't often wear light colors. I struggle to remember the last time I wore something light or bright. I had a pink shirt a couple of years ago, but I hated it and never wore it.

So, let's just say that seeing me in color is a rare occasion (besides red, of course, because red is the best color on the planet).

This morning I felt great. My pearls looked perfect with my light blue shirt. It looked like I tried. Plus, when you wear real pearls, you just feel confident about life, period.

But there's a catch.

This is why I can't have nice stuff: Before I even sat down to eat lunch, I got mustard from my sandwich all over my brand new shirt.

Trust me on this, guys. Bright yellow and light blue don't really go well together. Sigh.

I quickly threw said shirt into the washer, opened my closet and reverted back to my old ways.

It's 60 degrees and sunny outside, and I'm wearing black.

Well, I tried. That's all that counts.

Spring shopping is still commencing, ever so slowly. In a moment where I lost my mind, I ordered a pink floral tank top with black lace, to potentially be paired with a pink 3/4ths sleeve jacket.

If you would have told me last year that I would have typed the previous sentence, I would have punched you in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment