Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Not graceful.

A television station posted a story on Facebook yesterday about a child who got his head stuck in an escalator at a mall in Wichita.

People's comments on Facebook weren't very nice. Where was the mother? Didn't she know better? Why was the child around the escalator alone? That mom is a terrible person! Fire her! She doesn't deserve children!

My confession: Um, that almost happened to me last weekend. 

Let me explain. I'm a lot of things in life - creative, a good driver, a good speller, punctual - but I am not graceful. It doesn't take much for me to trip and fall over things, or over nothing at all.

For some reason, I thought I could walk down a moving surface gracefully. Ha, ha.

It could have been a disaster. I caught my balance after a couple of seconds, but there was a brief moment when I wasn't entirely sure how it was going to end. Luckily, my ego was the only thing hurt.

If a late 20-something-year-old can almost injure herself on an escalator, then yes, I can see how a 4-year-old can get hurt (the boy is fine, by the way). If I would have been a newspaper story I hate to think of what the comments would have been like.

Jesus, people. Stop being so judgmental.


No comments:

Post a Comment