Monday, January 6, 2014

I Has The Sick

My life hurts.

People, we're approaching the one-month mark of me not feeling well. A doctor's visit over Christmas break resulted in a nurse sticking a Q-Tip up my nose and telling me the next day that I didn't have the flu.

So if it's not the flu, what is it?

I was told it was bronchitis. I took a round of antibiotics, expecting to feel better after it was finished.

That never really happened.

Hm...if I went to a doctor and didn't get better, what do I do now?

This morning a co-worker took me aside and gave me the name and number of a new place to go to. They'd help me out, she said.

I feel bad, because this problem is getting on my nerves. I can't imagine how irritating I am to be around right now because of The Cough.

I wasn't planning on going back to a doctor when I got up this morning, but at this point, I'm desperate and I'll try anything.

The nurse practitioner I went to asked me if I wanted to treat it slow or aggressively.

I almost yelled and thought about doing cartwheels.

Aggressive, please. Let's be aggressive.

I have new medicine to take, an inhaler to try, prescription cough syrup to help me sleep at night, Mucinex, and Emergen-C to drink.

All in time for my road trip tomorrow.

Also, as I told some people today, The Cough and I go way back. We're starting to become bffs.

This is one crappy, sucky bff.

No comments:

Post a Comment