Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Stupid Tax

Sometimes road trips aren’t meant to be.

The last time I went to Nebraska, in October, I made a few stupid mistakes that I ended up paying for. The first mistake I made was leaving my flat iron in the hotel room after I left.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Nebraska has my pants, but that’s a story for another blog post.

Anyway, back to the flat iron. I pouted about its death for a couple of weeks while I tried to make do with my mini travel sized flat iron. (Yes, please, go ahead and make fun of me for not taking the travel sized one out of town and losing it. It is kind of funny.)

I was getting fed up with having ugly hair every day. One night I went to the store to pick out a new one. I looked at the options, threw the cheapest one in the cart then started to walk away.

Wait a minute, I thought. I’m an adult now. I went to college. I have a job. I need to look like I know what I’m doing, even if I sometimes don’t.

I went back to that aisle and picked a more expensive one. It wasn’t the uber expensive, but it was the moderately expensive one.

When I got home and used it, I was amazed. Guys, this little sucker might be a life changer. You can control the temperature, and all it takes is less than five minutes until your hair looks like you spent all morning working on it.

Sometimes stupid mistakes turn into stupid taxes, which turn into good decisions. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment